Hiring Event: Chemical Dependency & Behavioral Health Professionals
Community Assessment & Treatment Services (CATS) will be opening Medina County’s first residential drug treatment facility this summer. We need you to help provide care, treatment, and hope to those suffering from addiction and mental health challenges. We are seeking licensed Counselors and Resident Advocates to provide recovery treatment services for this new 16 bed, open dorm style men’s inpatient facility. Both full and part-time positions are available.
Where: Wadsworth-Rittman Medical Center (2nd floor cafeteria at Founder’s Hall)
195 Wadsworth Rd., Wadsworth, OH 44281
When: Thursday, May 17th, 2018 from 11 AM to 3 PM
- Work Experience:
Resident Advocates: At least one year of professional experience helping others in a human services setting (prior training or experience in substance-related disorders preferred).
Counselors: Broad clinical/problem assessment skills with specialization in alcohol and other drug assessment and interventions.
- Education and/or professional license qualifications:
Resident Advocates: High School diploma required, CDCA certification preferred.
Counselors: active LSW or LPC, and Chemical Dependency Counselor (LCDC II or III) certification or must be registered with the Ohio Board as a candidate for CDC certification.
- Ability to maintain a safe, orderly, and constructive atmosphere conducive to residents’ healing & growth.
- Empathy and respect for all clients and coworkers, but can set appropriate boundaries.
- Crisis and conflict resolution skills.
- Solid verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Basic computer and writing skills necessary to complete required clinical documentation.
- Fulfilling employment with dedicated, knowledgeable, and friendly agency leaders and coworkers that share a flexible yet focused holistic approach to substance abuse and mental health treatment.
- Competitive benefits (medical, dental, vision, life, LTD insurance, etc.) for full-time employees.
- Paid training prior to start date.
- Professional growth and career advancement opportunities. We promote from within and are growing!
- Flexible schedules (1st, 2nd, and 3rd shifts) are available.
Apply in person at our career fair on May 17th, or email a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title (Resident Advocate or Counselor) in the subject line.
About Community Assessment & Treatment Services (CATS):
Since 1990, Community Assessment & Treatment Services has promoted the social justice needs of our clients by providing high-quality, cost-effective, evidence-based interventions that comprehensively address the chemical dependency and behavioral health needs of a diverse clientele. At CATS, we rebuild lives and reunify families across Northeast Ohio. To learn more visit: www.communityassessment.org